If you’re a fan of fresh homemade citrus juice but are tired of spending so much on a mildly flavored jug of juice, it is time for you to consider a citrus juicer. While manual juicers and hand press juicers are still available, we have compiled some of the best citrus juicers on the market today.
According to our tests, the best citrus juicer is the Breville 800CPXL. This motorized juicer makes quick work of limes, lemons, oranges, and just about any type of citrus. It’s easy to use, easy to clean, and a great value for the quality of the product.
7 Best Citrus Juicers We Recommend
Our Pick: Breville 800CPXL
- The Breville Citrus Press Pro offers more variety, more juice with less fuss; Its active-arm press with power assisted lever makes pressing fruits effortless and the Quadra-Fin acid-resistant cone maximizes the extraction of all citrus fruits with ease
- QUADRA-FIN JUICING CONE: The juicing cone design is uniquely finned and undulated to extract the maximum juice from all sizes of citrus fruit and it’s dishwasher safe
- DUAL SWITCH SAFETY: The juicers triple hinged arm ensures downward pressure throughout the juicing process; The safety switch won't allow the cone to spin until both the arm is lowered and sufﬁcient pressure is placed on the top of the cone
- ACID RESISTANT DIE CAST CONE: The Breville Citrus Press Pro lets you enjoy a lifetime of juicing with the die-cast stainless steel juicing cone and durable die-cast body that are resistant to corrosive citric acid
- DRIP STOP JUICE SPOUT: The citrus juicer features a convenient and innovative drip stop system which holds juice back to avoid spillage onto your countertop
More About The Breville 800CPXL
This stainless steel option is an ideal citrus juicer if you love the fresh taste of lemon juice, lime juice, or orange juice but don’t want to have to work for it.
This Breville juicer is motorized so it does the job fast. When you’re done, there’s minimal cleanup.
This one is safe to use in the dishwasher, so all you have to do is rinse it to remove the pulp, tuck it away in the dishwasher and you’re good to go. All of the parts are dishwasher safe so it doesn’t matter how messy the juicing process may get.
This juicer’s overall usability, quality, and value win it our top pick for juicing citrus fruits. All these features make the Breville 800CPXL also rank as one of the best pomegranate juicers to check out.
- Dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- Fast, powerful motor
- Makes virtually no noise
- Pricier than other juicers
Black Decker 34oz Citrus Juicer
- Auto-reversing juicing cones provide maximum juice extraction
- Adjustable Pulp Control with Pulp Basket - Pulp collects in the removable basket so you can throw it out or use it in other recipes
- Easy-to-Read Measurement - Markings on the clear juice container makes juicing for recipes easy
- Drip-Free Pour Spout - The container doubles as a pitcher, complete with handle and spout
- Clear-View Juice Container - The durable plastic container is clear so you can easily see the yield of each piece of citrus.
More About The Black Decker 34oz Citrus Juicer
This citrus juicer by Black Decker is a game changer. It’s designed to give you more juice per fruit. It even has a clear juice container, so you can tell the difference in how much it produces. It doesn’t bottom out after a handful of fruit either.
You can easily get through a few bags of lemons or oranges in less than half an hour. It gives you clear, fresh juice, and you don’t need to apply much pressure when you add fruit.
- Fast and efficient
- Clear juice container
- Produces more juice than other juicers
- Too much pressure when adding fruit can break it
3. Zulay Professional Citrus Juicer
- SQUEEZE OUT EVERY DROP OF JUICE: Our lemon squeezer won’t waste even a single drop from your favorite fruit and will also leave the seeds and pulp behind! The 5-inch diameter of the citrus press bowl makes it suitable for various types and sizes of fruit. Watch the juicy goodness of limes, lemons, oranges, grapefruit, apples, pineapples, pomegranates, and other citrus fruits come straight out of the citrus squeezer, ready to add flavor to your meals or drinks.
- SAVE TIME AND EFFORT: Our citrus juicer makes juicing easy-peasy lemon squeezy. The comfortable grip handle of this lime squeezer allows you to squeeze all the juice from lemons, limes, or oranges in seconds for making delicious recipes like guacamole, lemonade, cocktails, and more. Unlike bulky electric juicers, you no longer have to worry about electricity or replacing batteries with this manual citrus press.
- STURDY AND DURABLE MATERIAL: This manual juicer is made of heavy-duty cast iron that can easily withstand the pressure from continuous pressing for years to come. The leverage mechanism allows a one-time easy pull to get all the juice out. Our citrus press is designed with a heavy rubberized base to firmly keep it in place without the fear of falling, tipping, or sliding off the counter. This hand juicer is great for both professional and at-home use.
- EASY TO CLEAN AND SAFE TO USE: Focus more on extracting fresh fruit juice than worrying about cleaning up. All parts of this juice press are detachable and dishwasher friendly, which makes cleaning super quick. The stainless steel bowl and filter cone are made using food-grade material, making the fruit squeezer safe and healthy to use.
- HASSLE-FREE, ZULAY GUARANTEE: We love and take pride in our pomegranate juicer and back it up with a lifetime guarantee. Have the confidence that this product will last. If there are ever any issues, just contact us and we will make it right.
More About The Zulay Professional Citrus Juicer
If you love fresh, hand-squeezed juice, the stainless steel Zulay citrus juicer was made for people like you. You still get that hand-squeezed taste, without having the strain of doing it yourself.
That’s because the lever exerts a lot of pressure, although it doesn’t really feel like it on your end. It can even juice larger citrus fruits like grapefruit and pomegranate. That’s great for citrus lovers that also like variety since many juicers can’t handle large fruit.
- Easy lever takes care of the work
- Juices larger fruits too
- Sturdy and user friendly
- Not motorized
- GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR FRUITS: maximum juice yield for any size fresh fruit! From larger Grapefruits and pomegranates to to lime juice and smaller size fruits, this is the lemon juicer you need
- COLD PRESSED - Hand Juicing with this citrus press is the best way to preserve the natural health benefits and nutrients in your drinks with this lemon squeezer juice machine!
- NO MESS NO STRESS - no more squirting juices all over your counter! Large and secure Cast iron and Stainless steel base holds everything in place while you juice, Large power handle is easy to use and crush out that perfect lemon juice with this citrus squeezer
- DISHWASHER SAFE - surgical grade stainless steel juice Strainer, Cone and presser holder are removable - takes only seconds to clean this fruit press - add this juicer machine to your kitchen today!
- EASY STORAGE - This orange juice squeezer is a narrow cold press juicer machines with only a 5 inch wide base stores easily in most kitchen cabinets, the perfect compact juicer hand press
More About The Gourmia GMJ9970
This is a really neat commercial-grade juicer; this one is easy to use, but still gives you gourmet quality citrus juice. It’s so sturdy, it could easily last generations since it’s made of high-quality cast iron and stainless steel.
Another nice feature included are suction cups on the bottom of the base. If you’re looking for industrial strength, this is one of the best juicers for the job.
You can get freshly squeezed juice, without the worry of knocking your citrus juicer over and making a mess. It has a nice design that upgrades your kitchen instantly.
- Sturdy, durable materials
- Doesn’t tip or slip when juicing
- Very little clean up
- Rather heavy
Cuisinart CCJ-500P1 Pulp Control Citrus Juicer
- SUPERIOR FUNCTION: Our sleek brushed stainless steel Pulp Control Citrus Juicer gets out more juice more efficiently
- MUST-HAVE FEATURES: Adjustable reamer with 3 pulp control settings-low, medium, high with auto-reversing universal juicer cone for more efficient juicing
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES: Final-Spin feature extracts more juice from pulp and protects against dust including an extra-long snap-up spout that accommodates more glasses and prevents drippings
- CONVENIENT: Juicing Cone accommodates small limes to large grapefruits, cord storage and easy-clean dishwasher safe parts
- LIMITED 3-YEAR WARRANTY: Refer to user manual for troubleshooting steps and questions surrounding warranty policies – this product is BPA free
More About The Cuisinart CCJ-500P1 Pulp Control Citrus Juicer
This is an advanced citrus juicer, and it has the appearance to match. The modern design is decidedly sleek, especially compared to the majority of clunky-looking alternatives. This one is a refreshing change to be able to control pulp settings since you really don’t have that with other juicers.
If you don’t want any pulp, no problem. If you like a ton of pulp, it does that too. There are actually 3 different settings, so there’s a good fit for every taste.
- 3 pulp control settings
- Sleek modern design
- Dishwasher safe
- Less satisfactory customer service
Rovsun Commercial Grade Citrus Juicer
- FREE SAFETY HAT: Only ROVSUN can send you the safety hat. Use the black plastic hat to lock it in that position. It will prevent the handle come down accidently. This heavy duty orange juice squeezer have long and light handle with comfortable rubber grip which stop and reduce pressure on the hand.
- EASY TO OPERATE & CLEANING: Our ROVSUN commercial juicer hand blender is super easy to operate: Just three steps to get the juice - 1.Cut the citrus in half 2. Put the flat cut side down on the plate 3. Press down on the handle. Are you ready to enjoy fresh juice in a second? This manual fruit juicer have easy removed strainer cone and funnel for easy clean.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: ROVSUN manual juicer is made of heavy duty cast iron, with 304 stainless steel strainer which ensures 100% safety and hygiene. Our Manual Juicer Extractor is perfect for restaurants, bars, families, party or super markets, where you need lots of fresh juice
- PURE DELICIOUS JUICE & HEALTH LIFE: Different with an electric juicer machine, our hand press commercial citrus juicer will not rub the rind, so you can enjoy the good taste juice without bitter rind taste. This large commercial juice press extracts every last drop out of oranges, grapefruits, lemons, limes, pomegranates with handy and professional juice press.
- LIFELONG SERVICE: We go above and beyond to provide the highest quality product, and top notch customer service. Any problems please contact us, with us you always shopping stress and risk free!
More About The Rovsun Commercial Grade Citrus Juicer
This citrus juicer is built tough enough to handle just about anything you fit in it, not just lemons and limes. It’s a manual design, so you just pull the lever down, and the juicer takes care of the rest.
When you put a lemon or lime in there, watch and see how much juice it gives you. If there’s a drop of juice left in that fruit, this citrus juicer is going to squeeze it out.
- Squeezes a ton of juice
- Easy clean up
- Very sturdy
- Only allows smaller cups underneath
Hamilton Beach 932 Commercial Juicer
- Rack and pinion gearing for more leverage. Stainless steel strainer cone and abs plastic funnel are easily removed for cleaning and sanitizing
- Stainless steel strainer cone designed for juicing lemons, limes, oranges, grapefruits, and pomegranates
- Multifunctional Removable Juice Cup Measure the juice of one lemon, lime or orange with the removable juice cup. It also collects the juice drippings while keeping the counter clean, but swings out of position when a juice cup is being used. 5. 5″ / 14 cm cup clearance provides ample room to place an 8-10 oz. / . 24-. 30 L cup for juicing.
- Maximum juice extraction the extractor arm exerts up to 2000 lbs. Of force to ensure maximum juice output with minimum skin oil and pulp residue
- Material the metal components, as well as the enamel finish, resist wear and tear from exposure to citrus acids
More About The Hamilton Beach 932 Commercial Juicer
Citric acid can do a lot of damage to a good juicer over time. That’s why this citrus juicer has a finish that resists damage and raises the lifetime of your juicer. It’s sturdy, but it also grips the counter you put it on for extra stability.
It also doesn’t create juice splatters everywhere, like so many modern manual citrus juicers do. All the ‘juicing’ parts are removable for easy cleanup, which is a huge bonus.
- Creates virtually zero mess
- Removable parts for easy cleanup
- Acid resistant
- Takes up more counter space
What Does a Citrus Juicer Do?
A citrus juicer is used to extract juice and pulp from citrus fruits. Fruits like oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruits are full of tart, delicious juice that can be used for all sorts of recipes. Not only can the juices be used in cooking, but a simple fresh glass of orange juice is a lovely way to start the day.
Manual citrus juicers can cause strain and unnecessary pains for those with joint issues in an effort to press the fruit. Juice reamers, made specifically for citrus fruits, have a ridged and rounded dome that fits into a solid, protruding piece. Jamming a halved piece of fruit between the two pieces and pressing will force juice and pulp out. Other manual juicers make use of hand levers and containers. Another type of citrus press requires you to simultaneously press and spin the fruit as the juice flows into a container. That is the difficult way to get juice and it limits your options. Electric juicers with a motorized citrus press do the work for you, expelling more juice than most are able to procure using a manual one. Newer juicers can look similar in appearance to their older versions but have mechanical parts that spin or otherwise do the hard part for you. For example, some require you to place the halved fruit onto the reamer and press down. The motorized contraption inside the juicer will then spin. This variety often allows you to select how much pulp you want via low, medium, and high settings. If the pulp is not your thing, keep an eye out for juicers that automatically eject the pulp. Other juicers retain pulp is various ways – some combine the juice and pulp together while others eject the pulp into a holding container. Pulp control is often one of the key reasons why people choose an electric citrus juicer. These juicers are often shaped, sized, and designed solely for use with citrus fruits in your home. Veggies and other fruits can be juiced using other types of juicers.
How to Choose a Citrus Juicer
The ideal citrus juicer for your home will depend on a variety of factors. Citrus juicers are generally a simplified version one other fruit and vegetables. With that being said, it’s still important to know what to look for before you make a purchase. Let’s go over some key features that you should consider before making your purchase.
If you opt for a citrus juicer with a motor, you need to consider the power of that motor and the amount of juice it will produce, and how easy to use on oranges, lemons, and limes. A powerful motor tends to be on the loud side but offers a quicker and easier method of juice expulsion. Cold-press juicers are quieter but require more time. If you want to juice more fruits at one go, you’d have to go for a juicer with stronger power but you might have to compromise on the noise level.
Pulp preferences vary, even amongst our family members. Choosing a machine with an adjustable strainer can ensure that everyone gets the perfect glass of juice. Some people like pulp in their juice, while others don’t. Unlike other types of juice, pulp in a glass of citrus juice can be pleasant for a lot of people.
Getting an adjustable strainer is the best way to make sure you have the best juicing experience for what you like. The amount of pulp you can expect also varies depending on what fruit you’re juicing. The larger the fruit, the more juice you’ll get, and the less pulp as a percentage of juice. Good citrus juicers can make all types of juice, not just orange juice.
Easy of Use & Time Spent Juicing
Different juicers have varying amounts of efficiency. Some juicers take a lot more time to produce juice. Some juicers can take longer as they tend to get clogged up with pulp. If you like to make a glass of fresh homemade juice in the mornings, you might want to pay attention to how long it’ll take.
Fresh juice is nice to have, but not if it takes too long to make. If you already have citrus plants in your yard, having a great juice machine in your kitchen is a quick way to make sure you always have fresh juice on hand. Make sure you pick a machine that’s easy to use and is compatible with how much time you want to spend juicing, whether it’s oranges, lemons, limes, or all three!
Taste and Clean Rinds
A good juice machine will go deep into the fruit, but not go through the pith. Clean rinds and how much pulp is left over will tell you about the efficiency of the juicer. If the taste is off, the juicer may be going through the pith.
When you’re making juice, you need to take the extra time to prepare the fruit beforehand. Even the best machine can’t compensate for bad fruit or fruit that hasn’t been prepped.
Easy to Clean
Many citrus juicers are dishwasher friendly. This makes it easy for you to prepare your juice, give the juicer a rinse, and toss it into the dishwasher. Issues can come into play with more complex juicers though. Some are difficult to take apart and reassemble, so these can make cleaning a hassle even if the parts are dishwasher friendly. Some parts of electric juicers are dishwasher safe, too so it can be cleaned automatically if you have space in your dishwasher for the machine.
Spout Size & Space
This can often be overlooked, especially if there are other features that are more important to you. A large spout will create less mess as you juice. You’d also want a machine with a larger cone so you won’t be limited by the size of the fruits you juice.
The amount of space has a direct impact on how much yield you get from the machine, so make sure to take that into consideration.
Before seriously considering a specific machine, consider your budget. The largest and easiest-to-use electric juicers will often set you back the most financially. However, these can often be the best option for large families or someone who uses their juicer often. Smaller or manual juicers are great for small families or those who will not be using it too often. A commercial citrus juice machine will be a bit pricier but will be greatly beneficial for those who want to produce greater quantities of juice.
Usage Tips and Tricks
Fresh citrus juice is one of the best beverages, and you can make it right in your own home. Like most recipes or kitchen tools, there is an abundance of tips that can make your life easier.
Juice per Fruit
Each fruit type holds a different amount of fruit, and each individual fruit will vary based on many factors. Fruit size, environment, and the health of the tree will impact the juice yield. However, you can expect to get an average quantity from each of the below fruits:
- Lime: 0.5 to 1 ounce
- Lemon: 1.75 ounces
- Grapefruit: 5 to 6 ounces
- Orange: 2 to 3 ounces
Avoid the Pith
The pith is the section between the fruit and the skin. If you have a fruit with a large amount of pith, the amount of juice you’re going to get will be affected. Citrus juicers can help you get the most out of the fruit you have, but you should still make sure you pick good fruit as a starting point.
This is especially important if you’re using an electric juice machine. To avoid bitter juice, do not over-ream the fruit because you risk puncturing the pith.
Maximize Juice Yields
If you are taking the time, effort, and money to make your own juice, it only makes sense that you would want to maximize your juice yields. One of the ways to increase juice yield is to firmly roll the fruit under the palm of your hand before juicing. This will loosen up the insides of the fruit and make it easier to release juices. If you are using an electric juice machine, this is a good way to release some of the natural oils and fragrances from the rind that might not get released without the pressing motion. Another method to increase juice yields is to simply warm the fruit up. If you refrigerate your fruit, just take them out about thirty minutes before you plan on juicing them. If you are in a rush, pop them in the microwave for about ten seconds.
Acidity of Citrus Fruits
The acidity of these fruits can sometimes cause us issues. Wash your hands after juicing and avoid rubbing your face or eyes while preparing juice. The acidity can make cuts or dry skin burn, and getting the juice in your eyes is not a pleasant feeling. Brush your teeth after consuming citrus fruit juice since the acidity can damage our tooth enamel. Citrus juice that remains on your skin when you are exposed to direct sunlight can lead to sunburns too.
Once you invest in a power juice machine, your days will not be the same. Waking up to a glass of fresh orange juice will be an amazing kickstart to your day. You should be able to find the most suitable features for you to help narrow your choice down, then use the helpful tips and tricks to get the most use out of your new kitchen gear. Electric mixers that can quickly tackle fruits and veggies will help you improve your diet and widen your beverage options.