Chicken Cordon bleu is a heavy gourmet dish. If you have ever made this delicacy, you might wonder what you should serve with it. Well, there are quite a few options at your disposal. From Creamy mashed potatoes to crispy vegetables, everything goes well with Chicken Cordon Bleu.
Today, we will be covering some side dishes that you can serve with Chicken Cordon Bleu. So, let us get started.
What To Serve With Chicken Cordon Bleu?
Chicken Cordon Bleu goes perfectly with many side dishes, and you could serve it with a salad, roasted veggies, desserts, and more! As this chicken recipe is gourmet, it goes well with lighter meals. We recommend you pair the dish with the side dishes given in this list. With that out of the way, let us start then!
1. Pasta Salad
Pasta Salad is a terrific dish to go with any meal. This dish covers some of the basics of veggies and carbs, and this salad also adds an excellent twist to your meal.
This recipe can be thought of as a sandwich as well. This dish also adds a refreshing taste to the thickness of the Chicken Cordon Bleu.
2. Garlic Butter Pasta
Many people like to eat pasta, and making a one-pot pasta dish is easy. The overall creaminess of the pasta also goes well with the cheese present in the Chicken Cordon Bleu, and this creates a matching meal that you can easily consume with Chicken Cordon Bleu.
3. Mashed Potatoes
Mashed Potatoes go with everything. The creamy nature of potatoes can be paired perfectly with the crispy chicken crust. The best part about this dish is that it can be made in a microwave. Free up the oven and stove space for chicken and veggies.This classic side dish for Chicken Cordon Bleu can be ready in just 15 minutes.
Read our article on What To Serve With Chicken Pot Pie?
4. Parmesan Risotto
Like Chicken Cordon Bleu, Risotto is a fancy restaurant dish, and this is a rice-based dish with a hefty load of parmesan cheese. This side dish will go well with a gourmet dish like a Chicken Cordon Bleu.
This dish also takes no time to cook. You can cook the recipe in around 25 minutes and serve it hot with the chicken!
5. Tomato Salad
Another great salad to have with Chicken Cordon Bleu is the Tomato Salad. It is a quick meal to prepare, and it’s fresh and juicy. Making this recipe is quite simple too.
Just get some fresh tomatoes and slice them. After this, marinate it in an Italian dressing for a delicious meal that you can enjoy with Chicken Cordon Bleu.
Preparing this dish is very easy too. You can prepare it in less than 10 minutes. But the tomato does need to marinate. So, prepare this before you cook the chicken.
6. Steamed Broccoli
Vegetable always goes well with any meat. So, it is pretty evident that steamed broccoli is a beautiful side dish for Chicken Cordon Bleu.
When you boil your broccoli, it cuts down on some acidity, resulting in sweet broccoli. It is the perfect dish for a heavy dish like Chicken Cordon Bleu. The slightly sweet taste of the steamed broccoli is perfect with the rich flavor of the chicken.
Recommended reading – What To Serve With Beer Can Chicken
7. Roasted Green Beans
Roasted Vegetables are always a pretty carefree side dish that is both delicious and full of nutrition. Green beans are just like that, making it a perfect dish even if you are on a restrictive diet. This dish is also loaded with a lot of nutrients.
This incredible recipe combines butter and oil to add that buttery taste to the tender chicken, making it one of the best dishes for the chicken cordon bleu.
8. Roasted Zucchini
Many people like the taste of Zucchini. And even people who don’t like it will actually like this particular recipe. This delicious parmesan zucchini recipe is crisp and healthy, and it is a quick and simple recipe that’s flavorful.
To make this recipe, pop the Zucchini slices in an oven, and you have a veggie side to go with your chicken.
Pop the zucchini slices into the oven for an easy and delicious veggie side.
9. Glazed Carrots
Glazed Carrots are a classic side dish to serve with Chicken Parmesan. In this recipe, you melt sugar and butter and coat the carrots in this mixture, making the overall dish soft and sweet. This side dish is excellent for providing much-needed warmth to any Chicken dish.
Instead of having raw carrots, simply glazing some carrots would provide much-needed warmth to the meal. It is a fun way to spruce up a regular weekday meal too.
10. Apple Salad
Fruit as a part of a meal is just perfect. Apple Salad has a perfect mixture of salt and sweetness. Just add some rock salt to a thinly sliced apple, and you have a perfect recipe to have. This dish provides a good balance when you have it with Chicken Cordon Bleu.
It is a crunchy side dish that goes well with the tender texture of the chicken, and it creates a balanced meal to have.
Further interesting reading – What To Serve With Chicken Pitas
11. Caesar Salad
Caesar Salad is an excellent option as everyone prefers it. This dish brings that freshness to the meal, and it is loaded with all kinds of flavors.
This homemade salad dressing has the perfect blend of recipes. They combine perfectly with a tangy but creamy salad with savory chicken.
12. Oreo Cheesecake Bites
Moving on to desserts, Oreo Cheesecakes are a filling and decadent dessert to have with Chicken Cordon Bleu. This dish is delightful and tiny, and the base is made out of Oreo Cookies instead of a crust.
You only need six main ingredients to cook them, and you can create a delicious dessert with it that embraces the flavor of the cookies.
13. S’Mores Pie
You can make S’Mores Pie in significantly less time, and it can be ready in less than thirty minutes. And if you have a sweet tooth, this is the perfect dessert.
After a heavy chicken cordon bleu, you might want to eat something sweet and delicious, and this dessert is perfect in such a scenario. The crust is quite crunchy, and you can make it with just the ingredients available in the pantry.
It has a chocolate base and a gooey toasted marshmallow topping at the top.
Recipe for Easy To Make Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- A tablespoon of garlic powder
- A tablespoon of onion powder
- 16 slices of Swiss cheese
- Half pound of ham (225 grams) – Sliced in a thin manner
- Peanut/vegetable oil for frying
- A cup of all-purpose flour(125 gram)
- 4 beaten eggs
- Two cups of bread crumbs( around 100 grams)
- To make Chicken Cordon Bleu, you need to get some chicken breasts and then marinate the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powder. You need to coat the chicken balanced.
- Take two slices of swiss cheese and ham. Now, add another layer of Swiss cheese to the ham. Roll the chicken, and now you have a perfect cheese and ham roll.
- Wrap the chicken with a plastic wrap and twist the excess plastic present on the sides. Roll the chicken firmly and then tie the excess plastic. Repeat this process with the remaining ingredients, and then you have a perfect- wrap that you can set in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- While preparing the roll, preheat a tall pan with two inches of oil at 325 Fahrenheit. After you set the roll, prepare two large dishes with flour, beaten eggs, and bread crumbs. You need to dip the chicken into flour, then dip on the eggs, and finally on the bread crumbs.
- You can now place the breaded chicken in the oil and cook for about 5 minutes per side. Or until the outside of the chicken is golden brown. If you achieve good overall color, place the chicken right on a wire rack set over a baking sheet. Now you can finish the chicken in the oven at 325 Fahrenheit.
- You can prepare the sauce when the chicken is cooking in the oven. Just heat a saucepan over medium heat and melt the butter. Now, you can cook the garlic until it is soft. Add flour to the mixture and whisk for around 1 minute.
- Add the milk now and whisk it until the mixture simmers and has thickened.
- You can add the required mustard, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper to this mixture and then whisk it. Remove the pan from the heat after this. You can then slice the chicken to serve it with that Dijon Sauce.
Read our article on What To Serve With Tuna Burgers
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
What Are The Main Ingredients In Cordon Bleu Sauce?
Cordon Bleu Sauce is made of multiple ingredients. We can use dijon mustard, garlic powder, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper to make this delicious dish.
How Do You Make Whole Foods Chicken Cordon Bleu?
To make Whole Foods Chicken Cordon bleu, preheat an oven and set it to 350 degrees. Now coat a baking sheet with a light film of nonstick cooking spray. You can now place the frozen chicken cordon bleu onto the sheet.
Bake the chicken and insert an instant-read thermometer into the chicken registers at 165 degrees Fahrenheit for 60 minutes.
What Goes Well With Cordon Bleu?
Dijon Sauce is unmissable while making Chicken Cordon Bleu. Other dishes that complement the dish include Garlic Butter, Rice, Fresh Salad, Broccoli, Asparagus, Green Beans, and more.
Is Chicken Cordon Bleu French?
No, Chicken Cordon bleu is not french, and while it does get its name from the French language, the dish comes from Switzerland.
No matter the sides you want to accompany your Chicken Cordon Bleu, it would still taste great. The dishes that we have mentioned in this article are all great dishes that go very well with this impressive chicken dish, and even the desserts go well with this Chicken dish.