Summertime and strawberries – an alliance as timeless as the seasons themselves. When these ruby-red delights bloom in abundance, they call us to weave a culinary spell that encapsulates their sweet, tangy essence. This is where our exploration today takes us – towards the creation of a delightful dessert, yet entirely plant-based. Welcome to our comprehensive guide on the ‘Vegan Strawberry Shortcake’. This article will take you through an enchanting recipe that infuses the classic shortcake with the principles of veganism. By exclusively utilizing plant-based ingredients, we have sculpted a dessert that is as ethically conscious as it is indulgent. Whether you are an established vegan, an individual with dietary constraints, or simply a lover of all things sweet, this shortcake recipe is designed to titillate your taste buds and expand your vegan baking skills. Let’s venture together on a gastronomic journey that embraces compassion without sacrificing an iota of the deliciousness you crave. In our world of confectionery delights, everyone has a place at the table.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup vegan butter, chilled and cut into small cubes
- 2-3 tbsp cold almond milk
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- Vegan whipped topping
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the chilled vegan butter and use a pastry cutter or your fingers to cut it into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually add the cold almond milk, one tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead it briefly until it forms a ball.
- Pat the dough out into a circle about 1 inch thick. Use a biscuit cutter or a glass to cut out circles of dough.
- Place the circles of dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the shortcakes are golden brown.
- Let the shortcakes cool slightly, then slice them in half horizontally.
- Spoon the quartered strawberries on the bottom half of the shortcake, add a dollop of whipped cream and then place the top half of the shortcake on top.