Happy Thursday, everyone! Thursdays are usually one of my favorite days of the week. But today is extra special! I’ve had a cold for about 4 days and today is finally the first day I felt better! It’s so hard to get anything done when you’re sick and what I missed more than anything is being in the kitchen! But last night I finally felt well enough to cook a good dinner.
I was eating only fruits and vegetables for a couple of days and was craving some carbs so I made some spaghetti! I still wanted to keep it as healthy as possible. By switching out just a few ingredients you can make any of your favorite dishes healthier.
- 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 14 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Parsley
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tsp sugar (I used raw, organic sugar)
- 1/4 cup of zucchini
- about 1/4 stalk of celery
- Chop celery and zucchini into small pieces. First I sliced my zucchini and then quartered it.
- Sautee zucchini and celery in a pan until soft.
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan and simmer for about 20-30 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Top on pasta or use in whatever pasta dish you desire! I added mine to some whole-wheat spaghetti noodles.