Vegan salsa verde sliders are a delightful fusion of flavors and textures, perfect for a plant-based feast. These sliders feature a savory blend of black beans, diced carrots, corn, and red bell peppers, all sautéed in olive oil with finely chopped onion, infusing them with a rich depth of flavor. Chopped spinach adds a fresh, leafy element, while a combination of cornmeal and panko breadcrumbs gives the patties a perfectly crisp exterior. Seasoned with sea salt and paired with a tangy salsa verde, these sliders offer a delightful balance of zest and savoriness. Nestled between soft slider buns of your choice, each patty is complemented by creamy avocado and a rich, garlicky vegan mayonnaise. The option to top them with mini heirloom tomatoes adds a burst of color and a sweet, juicy contrast. These vegan sliders are not only a treat to the taste buds but also a colorful, appetizing addition to any meal.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 14 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup diced carrots
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped spinach
- ½ cup cornmeal
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 12 slider buns of your choice
- 1 avocado (pitted, meat only)
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise, such as Veganaise
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- mini heirloom tomatoes for topping (optional)
- Saute the onion in 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat for 20 minutes, until caramelized.
- Combine the caramelized onions, black beans, carrots, corn, bell pepper, spinach, cornmeal, breadcrumbs and sea salt in a large bowl and stir.
- Add in the salsa verde and use your hands to form patties.
- Pour two tablespoons of olive oil into a skillet and fry the patties over medium heat. They should cook for about 2 minutes on each side, until they begin to brown. Cook longer for a crispier burger, and add more olive oil each time you add new patties to the skillet.
- While the burgers are cooking, whip up the mayo by placing the avocado, Veganaise and garlic in a bowl and stirring with a fork until combined.
- Place the burgers on the buns, top with mayo (and put mayo on the bottom if you're like me and you love a mess) and tomatoes.
Here’s a photo of the veggie ingredients:
Here’s the mixture: