Before our beach weekend, I wanted to make some yummy treats for everyone! So I decided to make some muffins. They turned out super good!
Muffins are soo good and as much as I love them, I don’t eat them too often because they are not the healthiest! I didn’t make this recipe very healthy, but next time I’d love to switch out some ingredients with some healthier ones to see how they turn out.
This recipe is due to my baking mood that has not gone away. I used to hate baking and never did it. It terrified me! Now that I’ve started getting the hang of it, I love it and I can’t stop! So don’t worry, I will get back to my normal recipes soon, I promise! 😉
Vegan Banana Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup plant-based milk (like almond milk or oat milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a muffin tin or line it with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, white sugar, brown sugar, applesauce, plant-based milk, and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients into the dry, stirring until just combined. If using, fold in the chocolate chips or walnuts.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin tin, filling each cup about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
I hope you are all having a fantastic week!