The Vegan Artichoke and Olive Pizza is a delightful culinary creation, perfect for those seeking a plant-based indulgence. Its foundation is a crisply baked pizza crust, golden and slightly chewy, providing a satisfying canvas for the toppings. The sauce, a harmonious blend of ingredients, is the star of this pizza. It features finely chopped garlic, lending a subtle pungency, and green olives which add a salty, briny depth. The artichokes, whether jarred or frozen, bring a unique, mildly sweet and nutty flavor, enhanced by the tang of fresh lemon juice. Extra virgin olive oil in the sauce enriches the overall taste with its fruity notes, while a hint of sea salt balances the flavors.
Topping the pizza, roasted red peppers offer a smoky sweetness, contrasting beautifully with the additional green olives that introduce more saltiness and a slight crunch. Fresh spinach contributes a gentle earthiness and a pop of color, and the extra chopped artichokes double down on their distinctive taste and tender texture. Each bite of this pizza is a symphony of flavors and textures – from the crisp crust to the rich, savory toppings, making it a gourmet choice for a vegan meal or anyone looking to enjoy a lighter, veggie-packed version of a classic dish.
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 8 ounces jarred or frozen artichokes, drained and quartered
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 tablespoon chopped green olives
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped artichokes
- Plus one pizza crust
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and make the sauce by taking all of your ingredients and combining them in a food processor.
- Spread the sauce on your pizza crust and brush the edges with extra virgin olive oil. Add the toppings.
- Bake the pizza for 10-15 minutes, until the edges begin to brown. Remove from the oven and serve warm.