Do you want to add an extraordinary serving to your day? Then cauliflower rice is the best choice to cook on any day. This vegetable is full of essential carbohydrates and can be used with other dishes.
Yes, you can easily make cauliflower rice in a blender. Don’t worry; it will not get you any weight and will not disturb your diet plan. This dish contains the necessary carbohydrates with a huge number of proteins.
Let’s turn cauliflower on your table into rice today.
Is Cauliflower Rice Difficult to Make?
If you are planning to make a dish that demands rice, then cauliflower rice can prove to be the best option.
There is nothing to worry about if you make cauliflower rice for the first time. Remember, with the use of a blender; it’s the easiest and quickest to make.
You may have gone through millions of recipes, but we bet we will make this procedure the easiest for you to understand and enjoy the result.
Once you get the cauliflower tuned in to rice, you can eat this in uncooked or cooked form. The best thing is, you can add the seasoning that you desire.
How to Make Rice Cauliflower?
Some people love to have cauliflower rice with food seasoning.
We will explain making rice cauliflower using a blender which will take you a few minutes to get it ready for eating.
You can also use a grater or a food processor if you do not have a blender, the quickest way is to use a blender.
Once you eat this delicious dish, you will probably use cauliflower as a substitute for rice in almost all the dishes.
The texture of cauliflower rice is so smooth and soft that it can easily absorb different sauces and your favorite flavors, thus turning out a delicious meal of the day.
Why Should I Make Cauliflower Rice from Scratch?
We suggest you make the cauliflower rice from the fresh cauliflower instead of fetching it in your freezer.
It is because fresh cauliflower tastes way better than the old one. Here are a few more reasons you should not use frozen cauliflower or produced cauliflower.
- Fresh cauliflower has a soft and smooth texture when touching.
- A fresh cauliflower lets you cut the pieces more easily; you can easily manage how lumpy or smooth you want the pieces to be.
- The already-made cauliflower rice that you get from the nearby market is often not fresh and costly.
- No packaging waste when using fresh cauliflower.
- Easy to blend.
Recommended further reading:
Quick Recipe to Make Cauliflower Rice
Follow these simple steps and serve this delicious cauliflower rice to your loved ones.
- Half or one full head of cauliflower. Half cauliflower is better, but I prefer having one full head.
- Coconut oil or Olive oil to cook the dish. One tablespoon is good to have.
- Black pepper and salt as much as you desire.
Though these ingredients are optional, we prefer these ingredients as well.
The below ingredients are for seasoning purposes.
- Fresh onion and well chopped. One onion is enough to have.
- Unwithered garlic and well crushed. 2 teaspoons are enough to taste better.
- Fresh ginger and grate it. One teaspoon of freshly grated ginger is sufficient.
- Unwilted turmeric that is either ground or grated. Take one teaspoon of grated turmeric or half a teaspoon of ground turmeric.
- Curry powder. At least one teaspoon is necessary to have.
- Mint or fresh coriander.
- Natural chives and parsley.
- Soy sauce or tamari.
- A small number of saffron threads.
Let’s get ready to taste this mouth-watering dish.
Procedure – To Get Ready the Cauliflower Rice
- Buy the fresh cauliflower from the market and wash it completely. After washing it, try to dry it.
- Put the cauliflower on the cutting board, and with a sharp knife, cut all the leaves around it.
- Cut it in well-chopped florets with their stem parts on.
- Take out the blender and put all the florets into the blender. Do not fill the blender. Always leave the 1/3rd space in the blender. Almost half of the cauliflower will fill the blender.
- Put water in the blender jug and fill at least 2000 milliliters of it.
- Tight the lid of the blender.
- Put the switch in the socket and beat the blender four times or until you see a rice-like structure of cauliflower. The rice-like structure will be drifting in the water.
- Take a strainer and take out all the riced cauliflower on the strainer. Tap the strainer firmly and try to take the water out of the riced cauliflower as much as you can.
- Put the riced cauliflower left on the strainer in a separate bowl. Now go through the same procedure with the other half of the cauliflower and get the riced cauliflower without water.
- Remember, if you have a bowl of uncooked cauliflower rice, convert it into a sealed container and freeze it. It is advisable to use this frozen rice cauliflower within two months. Otherwise, it will not taste well.
A quick tip: Never defrost if you want to avoid the case of drenched riced cauliflower. Just cook it for a few more minutes, which will give you a good taste.
Procedure – To Cook the Cauliflower Rice on the Stove
- Take the pan out and put it on the stove on a low flame. Pour oil into it and heat it.
- Now put the chopped onion, crushed garlic, and grated ginger into it.
- Now, it’s time to add the cauliflower rice and stir well to mix the ingredients.
- Put the lid on the pan so that the stems of the cauliflower get soft; otherwise, there is a risk of them getting brown.
- Just cook the ingredients for 8-10 minutes with a stirrer so that ingredients get combined easily.
- Sprinkle the black pepper and salt as much as you like.
The enticing smell of the dish will make you impatient to eat it. Just turn off the stove and take the meal in a decent bowl. Now serve warm and enchant others.
A quick tip: Keep this cauliflower rice in a sealed container and keep it in the fridge. Remember, you can use it for up to 2 to 5 days.
Options for Cooking Cauliflower Rice
There are so many recipes where you can use cauliflower rice to substitute real rice, farro, quinoa, and you will not regret it. Let’s discuss three of the options to cook cauliflower rice.
Stir-Fried Cauliflower Rice:
You can enjoy this option using a wok over high flame. Just heat the cauliflower rice for a few more minutes until it gets settled down and starts changing its color to brownish color. Stir it well and cook for more than 5 minutes.
Steamed Cauliflower Rice:
Using a boiler or a steamer can make this option work for you. Steam the cauliflower for just 5 minutes and make it soft to taste.
Sautéed Cauliflower Rice:
This method is similar to Stir-Fried Cauliflower rice. Just cook the cauliflower rice for more than 6 minutes on a medium-low flame or when you see it becoming soft. You can also cook it with water if you do not have coconut oil or olive oil.
Recommended further reading:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you make cauliflower rice in a Nutribullet?
The benefit of using Nutribullet to blend the cauliflower is that you can blend without using a food processor. The blade of Nutribullet is very strong and can easily blend the cauliflower into the riced-like structure. This blender is the best when it comes to making cauliflower rice.
Can you make cauliflower rice in a Vitamix?
Yes, Vitamix not only helps in quick blending but also in cooking. This blender is being preferred to microwave as its cooking timing is fast. You must go for Vitamix if your focus is quality and you have a loose budget.
Can you make cauliflower rice in a Magic Bullet?
Yes, you can easily make the cauliflower rice in a magic bullet blender. Magic bullet blender can be used for small blending tasks, and it also comes with a jar and is very well-built. This blender is very easy to use and is available at a low price.
Can you make cauliflower rice in a Thermomix?
You can use Thermomix to blend the cauliflower florets because it can blend them in seconds and thus reduces the time of cooking. Not only that, but it also reduces waste.
Can you make cauliflower rice in a Ninja Blender?
Yes, Ninja Blender is the best to buy when making cauliflower rice. It’s a high-powered electric appliance that comes with 3-speed buttons so that you can get the best results. Even if you put ice into it, this blender will convert it into snow within a few seconds.
It’s time for you to go into the kitchen and start making this delicious dish. It will not take more than 15 minutes to cook and serve.
You will not regret spending time on it as the taste will make you try this dish once a week.
Please share this article with your friends and let them know about the risks of using a yeti mug in the microwave.
Thank you for reading!