If you are wondering how to use an omelette maker and why you should, then this article is for you.
There are two kinds of omelette makers, but they generally do the same thing. The first is the pan version, which has a hinge that allows you to close the pan and flip the omelette inside easily.
The second is a tabletop version, and it looks similar to a waffle maker where you pour in the omelette mixture into the mold, close the lid, and let the machine do all the work.
The best omelette pans are made from non-stick material, but if you want to avoid a mess altogether, use non-stick spray or grease the surface before using the pan.
How An Omelette Maker Helps
Tired of your omelettes coming out burnt on one side and almost raw on the other?
Feel like some omelettes are way too thin while others are way too thick?
Tired of the cheese never melting just right?
Using an omelette maker makes all these issues a thing of the past! An omelette maker will leave you with a perfectly cooked and consistently sized omelette with the perfect melty goodness happening on whatever cheese you use.
How To Use An Omelette Maker
There are a few simple steps needed to use an omelette maker.
Preheat omelette maker on medium low heat
Create your omelette mix. This can include eggs, cheeses, vegetables, or meat. Be sure to stir everything thoroughly.
Spray the surface of the omelette maker with your favorite non-stick spray.
Ladle the omelette mix into the pan. I should be filled about halfway, you do not want to overfill it as it will then leak outside the sides of the maker.
Close the lid and allow the omelette to cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip the omelette and let cook for another 1-2 minutes. Remove when done.
When it is done you should have a perfectly cooked omelette with the perfect ooey gooey cheese goodness melted in the middle.
Below is a simple recipe to get you started.
Omelette Au Fromage Recipe
The perfect basic homemade omelet!
Preparation: 15 min
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dried herbs
- Pepper or chilli
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- 1 1/2 cups (150 g) grated cheese, of your choice
- Fresh herbs for garnish (optional)
1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and milk.
2. Whisk enough to make the mixture fluffy and obtain a foamy texture. Add the herbs and pepper or chilli.
3. In a large non-stick skillet or your favorite omelet maker, melt butter over medium heat. Spread it well with a kitchen brush.
4. Add the eggs and stir with a rubber spatula to distribute the heat throughout the preparation.
5. When the eggs begin to coagulate, stop stirring and add the cheese.
6. Fold the omelet and lower the heat slightly. Continue cooking until the cheese is melted. Then garnish with fresh herbs and chilli flakes, if you wish.
If you’re a busy person who appreciates appliances that will make cooking faster and more convenient, then you need an omelette maker in your kitchen. Omelette makers are a dream to use; they’re fast, easy to operate, and they do the job well. What’s more, you can even use them to make a complete breakfast!
Have you ever used an omelet maker before? Did you find it easier than using a normal pan for your omelette recipes? Let us know in the comments below.