Court Kitty kicked off this past weekend the best way he knew how
by staring intently at our doggie neighbor as she sunned herself in her backyard.
I also kicked off my Saturday the best way I knew how
By chugging a fresh apple/carrot juice from a place around the corner.
Predictably, the healthy drinking was followed by baking and two slices of this coffee cake found their way onto my plate for lunch. Another slice somehow ended up in front of me during dinner and, of course, I had to pair my iced coffee with coffee cake for breakfast the following morning.
Note: Roasted vegetables with a side of plum streusel coffee cake is not as disgusting as one might think.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons vegan vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
- 3/4 cup refined sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegan vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 3-4 ripe plums, sliced
If you love plums as much as I do, or even if you’re just starting to discover this delicious fruit, you can find this recipe and others that incorporate plums over at Carole’s Chatter.