- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread, softened
- 1 cup vegan refined sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 5 ounces Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread, softened
- 3 1/2 cups vegan confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon vanilla almond milk
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
To toast the pecans, spread them out on a baking pan lined with aluminum foil and bake for 5 minutes. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the Earth Balance and refined sugar on low-medium speed until combined. Mix in the applesauce, vanilla and almond milk.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, sea salt and baking soda.
Combine the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients, mixing on medium speed until well combined.
Stir in vinegar by hand, then fold in 1 cup of the toasted pecans.
Spoon the batter into cupcake liners
and bake for 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick can be inserted and removed cleanly.
Allow the cupcakes to cool to room temperature.
To make the frosting, combine the Tofutti, Earth Balance, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and almond milk into a large bowl and mix on low-medium speed until fully combined.
Frost the cupcakes and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of toasted pecans on top.
The pecans inside the cupcake are soft and inviting.
They’re begging you to eat them. Go ahead. Give in. Do as the pecans say.