Another weekend. Another road trip.
My husband and I like to joke that we weekend in Philadelphia. Where are you going? The Hamptons? Martha’s Vineyard? The Poconos? We weekend on Broad Street.
The car food last weekend was citrus granola. The game was…um…anyway, about that granola…
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- zest of 1/2 lime
- zest of 1/2 orange
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/8 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/8 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- 1/8 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/8 cup unsweetened dried coconut
- 1/8 cup flax seed
- 1/8 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/8 cup dried cranberries
- 16 ounces vanilla soy yogurt
Preheat your oven to 300 degrees fahrenheit.
Combine all of the ingredients except the yogurt together in a large bowl
and stir until combined
Spread the mixture onto a 9×13″ pan or cookie sheet.
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, stir, and bake for another 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow the granola to cool to room temperature before munching on it.
To serve, alternate scoops of yogurt with scoops of granola until your bowls and belly are full.