According to our tests, the best juicer for celery is the Breville JE98XL. This centrifugal option is affordable, powerful, and quickly turns celery and other fruits and veggies into juice. When it comes to value for the money, this juice blows the alternatives out of the water. If you want to spend a little more money, try the Omega NC900HDC. This masticating, slow press juicer is more expensive, but is more versatile and has a higher yield.
There are many types of juicers, from cold press, masticating and slow churn, to juicers for pomegranate, choosing the best type of juicer for celery isn’t easy. Not all juicers are created equal – here is a list of some of the top-rated juicers for celery and what to consider when buying one.
Best Juicers For Celery – Our Top Picks:
Here are our recommendations for the best celery juicers. Click on any link to see product details and why we recommend these options.
Best Overall – Breville JE 98XL Juice Fountain
- The Breville Juice Fountain Plus is the perfect way to get yourself into the world of juicing; This centrifugal juicer features a 3 inch extra wide fruit chute, dual speeds, lightning-quick operation and simple clean up
- UNIQUE EXTRACTION SYSTEM: The Breville juicers titanium reinforced disc and Italian-made micro mesh filter basket are made out of stainless steel and together are designed for optimum juice and nutrient extraction
- SHORT PREP TIME: The juicers unique 3 inch extra wide chute feed allows you to juice whole fruits and vegetables without pre-cutting
- BUILT-IN FROTH SEPARATOR: Certain fruits or vegetables create froth when juiced; The juice jug features an integrated froth separator to pour more juice, less froth into the glass
- CONVENIENT STORAGE: The power cord wraps around its feet under the base and the pulp container is detachable making the blender easy to store
This is the only centrifugal juicer on our list. Centrifugal juicers tend to be faster and louder than slow juicers. This juicer is efficient, fast and powerful. It separates out the pulp and has a 3-inch chute for easy juicing of whole fruits and veggies, as well as leafy greens.
The JE98XL is big and tough, built of stainless steel and heavy grade polymer. You can expect a long lifespan from it. It is also easy to use and can produce a lot of juice quickly – great for busy households with kids.
While this juicer may not yield as high of a nutrient dense end product, centrifugal juicers are generally more reliable for the long term. The Breville Juice Fountain is easy to maintain and makes quick work of celery, fruits, leafy greens and other vegetables.
Overall, this juicer is the perfect mix of quality, ease of use, and affordable, making it our top choice for making celery juice.
- Extra-wide 3 inch feeder chute
- 850 watt dual speed motor
- Dishwasher friendly parts
- Safety locking arm
- Fast and powerful enough for hard veggies
- Durable and long-lasting
- Lower nutritional yield than a masticating style juicers
Most Versatile – Omega Juicers NC900HDC
- Cold Press Slow Juicer: This juice maker machine operates at a slow 80 RPM to minimize heat buildup and oxidation, promoting maximum nutrient extraction and healthy enzymes
- Versatile Kitchen Tool: Turn nuts into nut butter, extrude pasta, grind coffee and spices, mince herbs and garlic, make baby food and frozen desserts, and quickly whip up soy milk with the help of this versatile electric juicer and nutrition system
- Max Flavor and Nutrients: This fruit juicer machine uses dual-stage masticating technology to extract the maximum amount of nutrients, vitamins, flavor and juice from minimal amounts of fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, and wheatgrass
- Adjustable End Cap: Features 5 pressure settings designed to ensure maximum juice output and extraction; An automatic pulp ejection system allows you to enjoy continuous juicing
- Easy To Use: Equipped with a powerful but quiet gear reduction equivalent to a 2HP motor, this juice maker generates enough torque to process tough ingredients; Juice press also features an extra-large feed tray and convenient built-in handle
This is a powerful and high-quality juicer. It’s without a doubt one of the best juicers you can buy, but quality comes at a cost.
The NC900HDC uses a dual stage, slow mastication extraction and comes with an adjustable 5-setting cap, allowing you to set your preferences for juice and pulp separation.
This juicer is multi-function and can also be used to grind nuts into butter, mash baby food or dice up herbs for the kitchen. This model has a wider chute than some other Omega models, allowing for easier juicing.
It comes with a 15-year warranty so you are guaranteed long term quality and satisfaction.
A masticating-style juicer is great if you’re looking to extract as many nutrients as possible. As opposed to a horizontal juicer or centrifugal juicer, a masticating types such as the Omega NC900HDC grinds the food, rather that chops. This yields more nutrients and gives you a better overall quality of juice.
When people talk about juicing for their health, they likely recommend a masticating-style juicer because of its ability to to extract more nutrients. However, because of this, the Omega NC900HDC is more expensive than other models on this list, but you’re paying for quality and convenience.
- 15-year warranty
- Dual stage masticating juicing
- Low speed, 80 RPM motor (high nutrient yield)
- Automatic pulp ejection
- Exclusive dual stage mastication process
- Multiple functions from juicing to pulp separation
- Quiet but powerful enough for hard vegetables
- Incredible 15-year warranty
Best Budget – Cuisinart CJE – 1000
- 1000-watt 5-speed juice extractor with large 3-inch feeding chute
- Control dial with blue LED light ring; anti-drip adjustable flow spout; easy unlock and lift system
- Foam-reducing filter basket; die-cast and stainless-steel housing; dishwasher-safe parts
- Includes 2-liter pulp container, 1-quart juice pitcher, and cleaning brush
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
The Cusinart is a fast and efficient low cost masticating juicer. It has a 3-inch chute to allow for whole fruits and veggies and separates the pulp. It is slow-speed masticating, operating at 60 RPM, but operates a little faster than other slow-speed juicers. It is designed to produce drier pulp, making for fewer clogs and easier cleaning.
At a lower cost than other slow juicers, the Cusinart juice extractor is a great option for someone on a budget or just getting into juicing. It is safe, simple and BPA free.
The Cusinart wins the spot of budget choice on this list because it is an excellent juicer for what you pay. While some other juicers that are 5x the cost may produce a better nutrient yield, it isn’t far off enough to justify the price difference.
If you’re looking for a quality masticating-style juicer but don’t want to break the bank, you should definitely check this juicer out.
- 1000 watts of juicing power
- Dual speed versatility (slow – fast)
- 3″ feed chute
- 5 speed
- Large 3 inch feed tube
- Foam management system
- Large 1 liter juice pitcher
- Dishwasher safe parts
- Its very hard to clean thoroughly
Best Premium – Tribest GSE-5050
- Produces Fresher Juice with Twin Gears: Revolutionary stainless-steel twin gears with unique points replicate the human mastication system; Pocket recesses and cutting positions aid in grinding and juice extraction for a higher quality juice
- Electric Juice Extractor: Assures higher nutritional content and fresher-tasting juices by preserving living enzymes, vitamins, and preventing nutrient degradation
- Versatile Capacity: Creates delicious dishes like frozen sorbets, nut butters, and salsas, or make your own pasta noodles with the optional pasta nozzles; This food processor is ideal for making delicious desserts or snacks
- Easy to Clean: The simple-to-assemble design of this slow masticating juicer allows for easy cleaning; the juice maker comes with a cleaning brush
- Set Includes: Fine and coarse screen, homogenizing and breadstick blank, glass juice pitcher, twin gear set with drive and free wheel gear, cleaning brush, plastic and wooden plungers, drip tray, strainer, and a user manual
This top-tier juicer is a beast. It will not only make quick work of celery, but is great for all types of fruits and vegetables. It is a cold press juicer with twin gears that provided us an unmatched quality of juice.
While this isn’t the cheapest celery juicer available, it is without a doubt one of the highest quality machines on the market. With that being said, it is only for people who are serious about juicing. It is a step above the rest, but you pay a high price for that level of quality.
- Slow speed, cold press juicing
- 12-year warranty
- Magnetic twin gears
- Includes homogenizing accessories
- High quality stainless steel design
- Twin gear masticating for extra fresh juice
- Simple to assemble and clean
- Expensive in comparison to other celery juicers
Best High Yield – Omega J8006
- Easy-to-use masticating juicer with powerful motor^Low speed of 80 RPMs; no foaming
- or heat build-up with 110 volt^High juice yield; auto pulp-ejection function for continuous juicing^Dual-stage juicing system; quiet operation; UL- and cUL-approved. VOLTAGE: 110V^Measures 14-1/2 by 6-1/2 by 15-1/2 inches; 15-year warranty. The juicer screen is already installed in the juicer.
This industry leading, affordable juicer is great for celery. While the chute is smaller than other models, you can easily fit multiple stalks of celery in at a time. It is a n ultra slow (80 RPM) masticating juicer which means it will yield some of the highest levels of nutrients possible.
The Omega J8006 is a no frills, high quality machine. It’s design is very simple and unassuming, but it produces consistent juice. The machine itself is relatively easy to clean and maintain. However, like most juicers it will need to be washed by hand.
If you want a medium-priced, high yield masticating juicer, the Omega J8006 is one you wont regret. But, if you do, it has an unbeatable 15 year warranty!
- 15-year warranty
- Low speed 80 RPM juicing (high yield)
- Dual stage juicing
- Automatic pulp ejection
- Slow masticating and high yield
- Was the least likely to foam or clog based on our tests
- Relatively quite operation
- Small chute means extra prep is needed for larger fruits and vegetables
What to consider when buying a juicer for celery
There are a few factors to consider when buying a juicer with celery in mind. While any juicer on the market can be used to juice celery, there’s no guarantee it will be done well. What you’re looking for is a juicer that can carefully extract your celery juice without sacrificing any of the nutritional value.
If you have decided that a juicer is out of your budget right now, you can learn how to make celery juice without a juicer too.
Masticating versus Centrifugal Juicers
As far as nutritional value goes, a slow juicer is ideal. Masticating juicers are slower, colder and quieter; they cold-press the celery and gently extract the juices. Reducing heat and oxidation in the process helps to preserve the nutrients in your celery juice. The lack of noise is a great benefit, too – no one likes to be woken up in the morning by a loud juicer.
That’s not to say there’s no value in a centrifugal juicer as opposed to a slow juicer. The main benefit of centrifugal juicers is that they’re fast. If you’re in a hurry, trying to get kids out the door or rushing to work, a glass of celery juice from a centrifugal juicer is still an awesome health-booster.
In short, celery juice from either kind of juicer is good for you, but you’ll get the most nutritional value for your dollar with a cold-press, masticating juicer.
Horizontal versus Vertical Juicers
For less labor and cleanup, a horizontal juicer is the way to go rather than a vertical juicer. Because of celery’s stringy fibers, it produces a lot of tangled, messy pulp when juiced. Vertical juicers tend to have smaller pulp outlets and can get clogged up quickly with celery pulp.
That said, vertical juicers are still a great choice and will get you the same nutritional value as a horizontal one. The best way to counter the pulp problem is to take a minute or two to chop up your celery into smaller bits before juicing – this will prevent the pulp from getting knotted up into balls and help reduce clogs.
Twin Gear Juicers
A twin gear juicer has two long gears that rotate against one another. They work by slowly breaking your produce down into little pieces and then pressing those pieces up against a screen to produce the juice. This is the best option for your celery juice – it is slow, precise and guarantees the most value out of your juice.
The downside: twin gear juicers come with the price tag to match their quality. They can be as much as three times as expensive as another masticating juicer. However, If you are looking for a long-term investment and really care about the quality of your juice, a twin gear juicer is worth every penny.
Frequently Asked Questions About Making Celery Juice
Now that you know about the tools for juicing, you may be wondering if celery juice is worth all of the hype.
In short, yes. Celery juice is a fantastic, healthy option. It is hydrating, nutritious and great for your gut. And the best part is that it’s easy to do. Juicing celery can become a part of your everyday routine without much hassle.
Here are a few FAQs about juicing celery to help you kickstart your new habit.
What’s in celery juice that makes it so great?
What exactly is in celery juice that makes it so beneficial? It’s not just about what’s in it, but what’s not in it – a cup of celery juice comes with no fat and as little as five grams of carbs. But it’s not the same as just drinking water.
Celery is very high in vitamins A, K, and C. It’s also rich with minerals like magnesium, iron and natural sodium.
Why should you juice celery?
Juicing the celery, rather than just eating it raw, helps us maximize its health benefits. While eating celery is certainly healthy for you, there is no way you could eat enough in one sitting to get all the vitamins and nutrients you need.
Because celery is a particularly fibrous, tough to chew vegetable, we would have to spend half our time chewing and breaking it down to enjoy all the benefits we can get from juicing it.
How much celery do I need to juice?
Depending on your juicer, of course, generally about one bunch of celery yields 16 oz of juice. To maximize the health benefits of drinking celery juice, experts recommend at least 16 ounces per day – best consumed in the morning or early afternoon, to allow the full day for digestion.
What if I want the benefits of celery, but I don’t like the taste?
Not a fan of celery? No problem. There are plenty of ways to doctor up your celery juice to make it palatable. Adding a single cucumber or apple to your juice is a great way to improve the taste. A little citrus can also help cut the bitterness. Make the most of your juicer and play with your options.
However, it is recommended to consume celery juice on its own for the full benefits. If you’re really struggling with the taste, try baby steps. Cut it with a little apple or other fruits first and work your way up.
Celery juice is great for your health, easy to make and an awesome addition to any daily routine. If you are in search of the right juicer for your celery juicing, remember that slow masticating, cold-press juicers are the best choice for the nutritional value.
Some of the highest rated juicers out there for celery can run a little pricier, but a high-quality juicer will be more than worth it in the long run.