Pssst! Hey you. Yeah, that’s right, you.
Let’s grab some grapes and plop them into cake batter and cook it up real good without thinking twice about it, or wondering if we should be using chocolate chips instead, or having to get up, put pants on and walk outside to buy a whole new batch of grapes because we absentmindedly ate the first batch while switching back and forth between writing out this recipe and watching a video of a cat and a baby gibbon being cute together.
The gibbon’s hands! They’re so much cuter than my own hands!
But can she use her hands to make Sunken Grape Cupcakes?
Oh right, yeah, she probably can.
- 3/4 cup vegan butter substitute (I used Earth Balance), softened
- 3/4 cup vegan refined sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup vegan confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond milk